Spicy broad bean, corn and olive salad
Spicy broad bean, corn and olive saladSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
- 1 corn on the cob
- 500g broad beans (in the pod), shelled, or 150g podded broad beans
- 100g pitted green olives, roughly chopped or halved
- 1 x 410g tin palm hearts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli (seeds in if you like it spicy), finely chopped
- zest and juice of ½ lemon or 1 lime
- ½ round lettuce, leaves separated
- 100g feta, drained
Make a few hours ahead.
Griddle the corn until tender and coloured in places. Stand upright
in a bowl and carefully slice off the kernels with a sharp knife.
Cook the broad beans in boiling water for a few minutes until tender; drain and cool under cold water. Drain again, then peel off the grey skins. Add to the corn with the olives and palm hearts, if using.
Whisk together the oil, chilli, lemon zest and juice to make a dressing. Season with salt and pepper, pour over the vegetables and toss together. Arrange the lettuce leaves in a serving bowl or on a platter. Spoon over the vegetables, then slice the feta into strips and add to the salad.
You can use frozen podded broad beans for this, if you can't get fresh – cook them from frozen.