Jersey potato salad with Thai flavours
- 750g Jersey Royal potatoes
- a small knob of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tsp light or dark brown soft sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp groundnut or light olive oil
- 2 red bird eye chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, leaves only
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
Step by step
Make up to the end of step 4 a few hours ahead
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20-25 minutes until tender.
In a bowl, mix the ginger, spring onions, lime juice, rice wine vinegar (if using) and sugar.
Mix the garlic in a large bowl with the Thai fish sauce, oil and chopped chilli.
Drain the potatoes; halve them. Toss in the ginger and garlic mixtures; cool.
Add the cucumber and herbs, and serve.