Chilli and fennel roast pork
Serves 6-8 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1 x 1.5kg pork loin joint, scored
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Lurpak® Cooking Mist
- 1/2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into quarters
- 500g baby potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 240°C, fan 220°C, gas 9.
- Place the pork on a chopping board; pat the skin dry with kitchen paper. Rub the sea salt into the fat pushing into the score marks. Place the pork loin skin side up in a roasting tin and spray generously with Lurpak® Cooking Mist.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at the same temperature. Then turn the oven down to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Mix together the caraway seeds and chilli flakes and scatter over the pork fat.
- Spray the fennel and baby potatoes with Lurpak® Cooking Mist and place around the pork in the roasting dish and roast for a further 20 minutes per 500g pork.
- Once cooked, wrap in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Spoon over the cooking juices and serve with the roasted fennel and baby potatoes.