Thai-style onion burger
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 x 680g pack 4 Taste the Difference Ultimate steak burgers
- 4 multiseed crusty rolls, halved
- 1⁄2 romaine heart, coarsely shredded
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Prepare the onions 1 hour ahead.
- Mix the red onion, chilli, lime juice, fish sauce and caster sugar together. Stir and leave to stand for 1 hour if possible.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill. Barbecue the burgers for 9-10 minutes on each side until cooked through. Rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Toast the rolls for a minute or so. Top with lettuce; add the burgers. Drain the onions, stir in coriander and spoon onto the burgers.