Spiced squash and prawns with coconut and chilli
Spiced squash and prawns with coconut and chilliSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
- 4 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 3 small onions, finely sliced
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves separated, peeled and crushed
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli, to serve
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- 6 tbsp jalfrezi or other medium curry paste
- 2 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 x 400ml tins coconut milk
- 540g large, raw shelled prawns (ideally with tails left on)
- juice of 1-2 large limes
- 60g coriander
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion, garlic and chopped chilli for 5-7 minutes, until softened. Stir in the turmeric and curry paste and fry for a further minute.
Add the butternut squash and coconut milk, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the prawns and lime juice, and simmer for a couple of minutes until the prawns are cooked. Check the seasoning. Add most of the coriander leaves (discard the stalks) and serve topped with the rest and the slices of chilli. Serve with basmati rice.
How to plate up curry