Smoked salmon and crème fraîche pizza
Makes 1 large pizza | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 2 x 145g packs pizza base mix
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300ml carton crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill, plus few extra small sprigs
- 2 tsp fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 150g smoked salmon
- Handful of wild rocket leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Empty both pizza base mixes into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the lukewarm water and mix to a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough out to a 30cm circle and place on a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Finely grate the zest from half of the lemon and set aside then cut 3 thin slices from the other half. Halve the lemon slices and scatter over the round of dough. Drizzle over the oil and season to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the pizza base is lightly puffed, crisp and golden in places. Meanwhile, mix the crème fraîche with the lemon zest, dill and parsley. Season to taste. Tear the salmon into small pieces.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and top with dollops of the lemon, herb crème fraîche and the smoked salmon pieces. Scatter over the extra dill sprigs and rocket leaves and season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.