Scandi smoked salmon salad
Scandi smoked salmon saladSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Our smoked salmon salad is a hearty no-cook main that gives a nod to Scandinavia with the flavours of dill and cucumber
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 x 250g pouch wheatberries with quinoa and soya, or other pre-cooked grains
- 1 x 180g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 25g pack fresh dill, fronds chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x 120g pack smoked salmon, cut into strips
Put the sliced onion in a bowl with the cider vinegar and sugar. Halve the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds using a teaspoon. Cut into thin half-moon slices then toss with the red onion and pickling liquid. Set aside for about 10 minutes or until the onion has started to soften and turn pink.
Tip the grains into a bowl and add the tomatoes, dill, olive oil and seasoning. Drain the liquid from the quick picklesinto the bowl as a dressing. Mix together well then divide between 2 shallow bowls or plates and spoon the quick pickled cucumber and red onion on top. Add the smoked salmon to serve.