'Pulled' turkey chilli
'Pulled' turkey chilliSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Use up leftover turkey with this low-cal and low-fat supper, on the table in just 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 500g carton passata
- 1-2 tsp mild chilli powder (to taste)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sugar (any kind)
- juice of ½ lime
- about 600g leftover cooked turkey (white or dark meat), roughly shredded
- 1 x 410g tin cannellini, black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- a handful of coriander, chopped (optional)
- 350g rice
In a large pan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic on a low heat for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the passata, 200ml water, the chilli powder, ground cumin, sugar and lime juice; mix together thoroughly. Bring to a simmer.
Add the shredded turkey and the beans and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir the mixture every so often, then pull the turkey apart with two forks. Serve with rice, and top with some coriander and an extra squeeze of lime. Leftovers can be chilled and reheated the next day.