Prawn and pak choi stir-fry
Recipe Photograph by Maja Smend
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice paste (from a 100g jar)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 x 200g pack babycorn and mangetout
- 1 x 200g pack pak choi
- 1 red chilli
- 25g root ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions, trimmed
- ½ tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 x 225g pack peeled jumbo king prawns, defrosted and drained
Step by step
- In a small bowl or jug, mix the five spice paste, hoisin and Shaoxing rice wine.
- Halve the babycorn lengthways and roughly chop. Separate the pak choi into leaves, then slice the white stems. Deseed and finely slice the red chilli (leave the seeds in if you like some heat), slice the ginger into matchsticks, finely chop the garlic and slice the spring onions. Set aside.
Add the groundnut oil to a large wok or deep frying pan. Heat the oil until very hot, swirl to coat the base of the wok and add the mangetout, babycorn and sliced pak choi stems. Stir-fry the veg for 1 minute, then add the prawns, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, then add the chilli, ginger and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute, before increasing the heat and pouring in the sauce; bubble for 2 minutes.TipTo prep ahead, chop all the veg and chill, ready to cook when you get home.
- Add the pak choi leaves and toss together. Remove from the heat and divide between 2 shallow bowls. Scatter with the spring onions to serve.