Sticky hoisin turkey meatball wraps
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 400g pack turkey meatballs
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce (we like the Itsu brand)
- 1½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ½ cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- a handful of mint leaves
- a few soft lettuce leaves
- 4 small soft tortilla wraps
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan, add the meatballs, cover with a lid and fry on a medium heat for 25 minutes, turning frequently. Add the hoisin sauce and sesame seeds, and cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the meatballs to coat them in the sticky sauce, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a flat-bladed peeler to make thin ribbons of the carrot and cucumber, and finely shred the spring onions. Toss the vegetables with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Add the mint leaves just before serving.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each wrap, top with a handful of the shredded salad and 3 meatballs and wrap up (makes 2 wraps per serving).