Philadelphia-style Spiced Steak Naanwiches
Serves 2 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 250g sirloin steak or rump steak
- 1 pack The Spice Tailor Classic or Spicy Tandoori Fast Paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 The Spice Tailor Plain Naans
- a large handful grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Trim the steak and slice into thin strips. Mix with the fast paste from The Spice Tailor pack and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened. Add the peppers and continue to cook until the onions have caramelised and the peppers have softened. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the steak strips to the frying pan and cook on a high heat for about 1 minute on each side until starting to char. Return the onions and peppers to the pan and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in ¾ teaspoon of the speedy seasoning from the Spice Tailor pack and take the pan off the heat; cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle the naans with water and place in the oven on a baking tray. Reheat for 2 minutes then spoon the steak mixture over half of each of the naans, sprinkle the cheese over the meat and cook for a minute or two until melted.
- Remove from the oven, halve the naans, spoon over some of the mint chutney from The Spice Tailor pack, make into sandwiches and eat when still hot.