Mediterranean cod parcels
Prep time: 15 mins
Recipe photograph by Liam Desbois
Sunshine flavours, wrapped up in a paper parcel to deliver an all-in-one meal that smells amazing as you open it up
Prep time: 15 mins
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
Tamsin learned the tricks of the trade from cookery legend Delia Smith. A trusted recipe writer for the magazine for over 25 years, she is now our Senior Food Producer, overseeing testing and editing to ensure that every recipe tastes great, is straightforward to follow and works without fail. In her home kitchen, Tamsin creates fuss-free flavour-packed food for friends and family, with baking being her ultimate form of comfort cookingSee more of Tamsin Burnett-Hall’s recipes
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar, plus 2 tbsp water (or use 3 tbsp white wine)
- 50g sundried tomatoes, plus a little of the oil
- 350g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 80g young spinach
- 50g pitted black olives
- 2 cod loins, about 300g
- 2 tbsp pesto
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Add the vinegar and water (or the wine) to a large microwave-safe bowl with 1 teaspoon of sundried tomato oil and some seasoning. Mix in the potatoes and fennel, cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes until tender, stirring halfway. Alternatively, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain and toss with the vinegar or wine, sundried tomato oil and seasoning.
- Meanwhile, lay out 2 large sheets of baking paper, brush with a little more sundried tomato oil then divide the spinach between them. Slice the sundried tomatoes and olives. Pat the cod dry, season then spread the pesto on top.
- When the potatoes and fennel are tender, drain then spoon on top of the spinach, adding the sundried tomatoes and olives. Sit the pesto cod on top then crimp the paper around to seal each one as a parcel, allowing some room for steam. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through. Open carefully to serve.