Creamy courgette and pea quiche
Serves 6 | prep 30 mins, plus chilling time | total time
- 300g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 150g full fat soft cheese by Sainsbury's
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 40g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 125g frozen peas, defrosted and patted dry
- 1 large courgette, cut into thin ribbons
- handful rocket leaves to garnish
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a 12cm x 35cm rectangular loose-bottomed fluted flan tin. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6 and place a baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Place on the hot baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180º, fan 160ºC, gas 4.
- Meanwhile, place the soft cheese in a large jug and beat in the eggs, thyme and half of the cheese. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the peas in the pastry case and arrange the courgette ribbons on top. Slowly pour over the soft cheese mixture and scatter over the rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until the filling has set. Serve warm or cold garnished with thyme sprigs and rocket leaves.