Beetroot, orange and quinoa salad
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 x 250g pouch Tilda microwave brown basmati and quinoa
- 1 x 250g pack cooked beetroot in natural juices
- 2 oranges
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 x 70g bags wild rocket
- 2 small handfuls of walnut pieces
- 75g vegetarian goats’ cheese or feta
- Cook the basmati and quinoa for 2 minutes, or according to packet instructions, then set aside to cool slightly. Drain the beetroot and cut into wedges.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the zest and pith from the oranges, then cut between the membranes to extract the individual segments. This is best done over a large bowl to catch any juices. Squeeze the juice from the leftover membranes into the bowl and set the segments aside.
- Add the red wine vinegar and oil to the orange juice, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the slightly cooled basmati and quinoa and the rocket to the bowl and toss to coat. Divide the salad between 4 plates and scatter over the beetroot, orange segments, walnut pieces and crumbled cheese.