Summer skewers with a sweet chilli dip
Serves 4 | prep 5 minutes | total time 15 minutes plus marinating time
For the garlic and lime prawn skewers
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 175g pack Sainsbury's Taste the Difference jumbo king prawns
For the salmon and vegetable skewers
- 2 x 240g packs Sainsburys Taste the Difference lightly smoked salmon fillet
- 1 courgette, topped, tailed and sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
For the sweet chilli dip
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- lime wedges to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, garlic and olive oil. Add the prawns and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables for the salmon and vegetable skewers. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut the flesh into cubes. Thread onto skewers along with pieces of courgette and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Brush the salmon skewers with olive oil, and place on the hot griddle pan. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Turn the kebabs throughout cooking.
- Towards the end of the cooking time remove the prawns from the fridge and thread onto skewers. Add to the griddle pan and griddle for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise together, then serve with the cooked skewers and lime wedges.