Easy lamb rogan josh
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 450g pack diced lamb
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ x 283g jar Patak’s Rogan Josh spice paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100g full-fat natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 x 230g tin chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish until hot. Brown the diced lamb in batches over a high heat, removing to a plate as you go. Whiz the onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste to a purée in a mini food processor (if you don't have a mini food processor, you can just finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger). Add the purée to the pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then return the lamb to the pan and stir to coat.
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, yogurt, tinned tomatoes, 300ml just-boiled water and seasoning, to taste. Stir the mixture well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer very gently, covered, for 40 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice, a spoonful of yogurt and a little diced cucumber.