Vanilla ice cream
Makes 1.6 litres | prep 5 mins | total time
- 1 x 397g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 x 600ml carton double cream
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste (or use vanilla extract, but you won’t get the little seeds)
- Put the condensed milk, cream and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until the mixture is quite thick and stiff, like pipeable whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into a lidded freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 6-8 hours or until firm.
Tip 1.6 litres of ice cream will give you about 18 scoops.