Serves 6-8 | total time
- 150g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cucumber, skinned and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 250ml Taste the Difference Blackfriars gin
- 50ml crème de cassis
- 75ml lemon juice
- 1-1.5 litres chilled soda water, to top
- 1 lemon and 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced, to garnish
Chill any leftover cucumber syrup in a sterilised, sealed bottle for up to 1 week.
- For the cucumber syrup, heat the sugar with 150ml water until it has dissolved. Simmer and add the cucumber slices. Simmer for a further 2 minutes and then remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then use a fine strainer to remove the cucumber; discard.
- Combine 100ml of the cold cucumber syrup with the gin, crème de cassis and lemon juice. Stir and divide between your glasses. Top up with soda water and garnish with lemon and cucumber slices to serve.