White chocolate ice cream bowls
- 400g white chocolate (milky bar works brilliantly), finely chopped
- 6-8 balloons
- 1-2 tubs of brightly coloured hundreds and thousands
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over bain marie, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool until lukewarm or at room temperature but still pourable.
- Blow up the balloons until they are the size of large grapefruits (or however large you wish your bowl to be). Use a piece of kitchen towel to wipe each balloon with a very small amount of oil and set aside. Have the melted chocolate and sprinkles ready in two bowls large enough to one balloon.
- Line two baking sheet with parchment and drop 3-4 teaspoonfuls of white chocolate onto each sheet, keeping them well spaced apart. Use the spoon to smooth each blob into a disc about 1 ½ inches in size.
- Take a balloon and dip it into the chocolate. Allow any excess drips to run off before dipping into the sprinkles, working your way around the chocolate until it is completely covered. Stick the balloon onto the prepared chocolate disc and repeat until all of the balloons have been dipped. Transfer the trays to the fridge for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set.
Take a pin and pop each balloon. Allow the balloons to deflate before carefully peeling it away from the bowl. Serve with scoops of ice cream or fresh fruit.
These bowl are unsuitable for anyone with a latex allergy.
White chocolate bowls