Lemon meringue pie sundae
Lemon meringue pie sundaeSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
All the flavours of lemon meringue pie are packed into this scrummy sundae recipe
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 150g full fat cream cheese
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tbsp limoncello liqueur
- 4 shortbread fingers, crumbled
- 12 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 16 mini meringue shells (we used Taste the Difference), some halved and the rest crumbled
Zest the whole lemon then juice half of it. Gently whisk the cream cheese in a small bowl with half of the lemon zest and the lemon juice. In a separate bowl mix the lemon curd with the limoncello.
Add some of the crumbled shortbread into the bottom of 4 sundae glasses. Layer up each glass with scoops of ice cream, the meringue pieces, spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, shortbread crumble and drizzles of the lemon curd. Top with the remaining lemon zest to serve.