Peanut butter shortbread cookies
Makes 20 | prep 35 mins |
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 8 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x 100g bag ground almonds
Make up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container. They can also be frozen.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mix together the butter, peanut butter, maple syrup, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Fold in the ground almonds and mix well.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough at a time, shape into a rough ball and place onto the baking tray, leaving a few centimetres between each ball.
- Press down onto each cookie with the back of a fork to make indentations.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a plate or cookie tin.