Tahini chocolate truffles
Makes about 30 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 75g blanched almonds
- 300g Medjool dates, pitted
- 75g sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp tahini, stirred
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- a pinch of sea salt
These keep for 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container, or can be frozen.
- Put the almonds into a food processor and pulse until they are nicely ground. Add the Medjool dates, 50g of the sesame seeds, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, the tahini, agave syrup, vanilla and salt, then blend together until combined and a sticky dough has formed.
- With damp hands, shape the mixture into about 30 equal-sized balls, squeezing together firmly. Sprinkle the remaining cocoa powder onto one plate, and the rest of the sesame seeds onto another. Roll half the balls in the cocoa and the other half in the sesame seeds. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until set (alternatively, you can put them in the freezer for 20 minutes).
Tip Depending on the size you want to make, you can serve these as truffles or as slightly larger energy balls (in which case, you get about 16 from the mixture).