Oreo egg truffles
Makes 20-24 | prep 30 mins | total time
- 200ml double cream
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 x 154g pack original Oreo biscuits
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 x tub sugar sprinkles, to decorate (optional)
Store for 1 week in the fridge, or up to 1 month in the freezer
- Heat the double cream in a saucepan, then pour over the chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes to melt, then stir until smooth.
- Whiz the Oreo biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor (or crush inside a plastic food bag). Stir into the melted chocolate mixture with the vanilla extract. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up. Shape the chilled mixture into egg-shaped truffles and freeze for 30 minutes on a lined tray.
- Melt the white chocolate and leave to cool slightly. Using bamboo skewers to hold each egg truffle in turn, either drizzle with a little white chocolate, or spoon over white chocolate to coat, letting the excess drip off. Add a drizzle of the coloured chocolate (see tip below) and/or sugar sprinkles to decorate if you wish. Leave to set on the tray.
Tip If you like, tint some of the white chocolate different colours with food colouring in separate ramekins (we used gel food colour).