Deep pan chocolate cookie
Serves 4-6 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 100g soft butter, plus extra for greasing
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g white chocolate, chopped
- handful of mini eggs, or chocolate of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6 and grease an ovenproof frying pan or baking dish with a 20cm base. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, then mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, plus 50g of the chopped white chocolate.
- Spread into the greased pan and bake for 10 minutes. Scatter over the mini eggs and bake for 5 minutes more, or until it is set at the edges but still a bit squidgy in the middle. Meanwhile, melt the remaining white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Drizzle over the deep pan cookie and serve immediately.
Don’t miss our Mini Egg cake recipe