Bakewell mug cake
Recipe photograph by Lauren McLean
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp Taste the Difference French almond extract
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- icing sugar, to dust
- double or clotted cream, to serve
Step by step
These can be prepared up to 1 hour before cooking.
- First, melt the butter in a microwave. Pour into a bowl and beat in the eggs, muscovado sugar and almond extract. Fold in the ground almonds, flour and cream.
- Put half a tablespoonful each of jam in the bottom of 4 x 300ml microwave-proof mugs, teacups or ramekins, then divide half the cake mixture between them. Add another half tablespoon of jam to each, then top with the rest of the cake mixture. Scatter over the flaked almonds.
- Put 2 mugs in the microwave and cook on full power (800 watts) for 3 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Repeat to cook the other 2 cakes. Leave to stand; cool for 5-10 minutes, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.