Berry coconut bar
Berry coconut barSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Our berry coconut bars make a quick and easy grab-and-go breakfast and are the perfect size to pack in your bag for when you need a snack
- 50g wholegrain bran flakes
- 100g rice pop cereal
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 100g dried blueberries or cranberries
- 75g cashew butter or almond butter
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing drizzle
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, or dairy-free alternative
The bars keep for up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Line a 20cm-square tin with baking paper. Put the bran flakes and 25g of the rice pops in a food bag or food processor and crush or blitz to fine crumbs. Stir in the desiccated coconut, the rest of the rice pops and the dried berries.
- Put the nut butter, coconut oil, agave and vanilla in a microwave-proof bowl, and cook for 30 seconds on high. Stir and give it another 30 seconds until it’s melted together, or heat gently in a small pan.
Pour the warm mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together well to coat everything evenly. Tip into the tin and use the back of a spoon to flatten down the top firmly until it’s really tightly packed. Put in the fridge while you make the icing.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Mix in the yogurt and it will gradually get smooth and runny. Drizzle the icing over the blueberry mixture in the tin, then pop in the fridge overnight to set. Slice into bars.