Healthy brunch - roast tomato, spinach and poached egg bruschetta
This is the perfect time of year to make the most of seasonal cherry tomatoes – choose bright red vine tomatoes, these will be sweet and juicy.
- 1 x 270g pack cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x 450g bag young spinach
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 slices rye bread (or gluten-free bread if required)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Arrange the vines of cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until their skins burst open from the heat.
- Turn off the heat, remove the spinach to a sieve and very gently squeeze out any excess water. Return to the pan, off the heat, add a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Poach the eggs for 3-4 minutes until the white is set but the yolk still runny.
- Toast the rye bread, then cut the clove of garlic in half and rub it all over the warm bread.
- To serve, drizzle a little olive oil over each slice of bread, divide the spinach between them, and top each with a poached egg.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to the plate, season and sprinkle over the chopped chives.