Bircher muesli with strawberry and mango
by Stephanie Brooks
- 300g jumbo porridge oats
- 2 apples, cored and grated
- 175ml rice or almond milk
- 175ml pressed apple or orange juice
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g soya yogurt, such as Alpro simply plain
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and cut into small chunks
- 400g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, grated apple, rice or almond milk, apple or orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon. Leave to soak for at least an hour until the oats have softened.
- Stir in half the yogurt, mango and strawberries. Taste and add in a little more maple syrup and cinnamon if you like. Spoon into bowls and top with the remaining yogurt and fruit. Sprinkle with the desiccated coconut before serving.