Tenderstem® broccoli with hazelnut and orange butter
Serves 4 as a side | prep 10 minutes, plus chilling time | total time
- 40g blanched hazelnuts
- the zest of 1 small orange
- 70g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 x 200g packs Tenderstem® broccoli by Sainsbury's
- Toast the hazelnuts in a nonstick frying pan until they are golden brown, taking care not to burn them. Tip into the centre of a clean tea towel and cover. Gently crush with a heavy rolling pin or the base of a saucepan.
- In a small bowl, use the back of a fork to work the hazelnuts and orange zest into the butter. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Scrape the butter onto a piece of clingfilm and roll into a log. Chill for approximately an hour to firm up. The butter can be made several days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Steam the broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes until tender but with a little bite. Drain and tip into a warm serving dish. Dot with slices of the hazelnut and orange butter and serve immediately.