Marbled cherry chocolate brownies
Makes 12 | prep 20 mins, plus 5 mins cooling | total time 1 hr 5 mins
- 125g butter, cubed
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g self-raising flour
- 200g full fat soft cheese by Sainsbury's
- 150g fresh cherries, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4. Grease and line the base and sides of an 18cm x 28cm rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, chocolate, light soft brown sugar and 100g of the caster sugar in a large saucepan. Heat gently, stirring all the time, until the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs into the chocolate mixture, then sift over the flour and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour into the prepared tin and gently level the surface with a palette knife.
- Beat the soft cheese and remaining caster sugar in a bowl until smooth. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture over the chocolate mixture and drag the tip of a knife through both mixtures to create a swirled effect. Scatter over the cherries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just set. The brownies should still be a little soft and squidgy in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool completely before slicing.