Wild rice salad
Serves 8 | prep 15 mins | total time 35 mins
- 400g basmati and wild rice
- 100g blanched almonds
- 125g dried apricots, sliced
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 bunch (about 8) spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 x 25g pack dill, finely chopped
- 1 x 28g pack mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Make a few hours ahead.
- Cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under the cold tap until the rice is completely cold, then drain again.
- Meanwhile, put the almonds into a frying pan and toast over a medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden. Remove the almonds from the pan and roughly chop; set aside.
- Put the cold, drained rice into a large mixing bowl and add the almonds, apricots, cranberries, spring onions, chopped herbs, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice and the olive oil. Season and mix everything together; make sure the rice gets completely coated in the dressing. Tip onto a serving dish.