Olive, fig and basil tapenade
Serves 6 | total time
- 1 x 300g Taste the Difference Single Estate Greek Kalamata olives, pitted
- 100g ready-to-eat dried figs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 anchovies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- toasted bread, to serve
The tapenade will keep, covered, in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Drain the olives, reserving 3 tablespoons of the oil. Put in a food processor with the figs, capers, anchovies, garlic and basil and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the reserved oil a little at a time, pulsing between each addition. The texture of the tapenade should be finely chopped, rather than a paste. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve spread onto slices of toasted bread.
Dried figs lend this tapenade a delicious fruity note. Serve at room temperature as a dip, on bruschetta, or spread in a sandwich with roasted vegetables.