Cajun glazed Carrots with walnuts from California Walnuts
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 500g baby topped carrots, washed
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the carrots and walnuts in a large roasting tin. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, Cajun seasoning, maple syrup, oil and 2 tbsp water. Season and drizzle over the carrots; toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Tip Kitchen tip: Try using Chantenay carrots or wedges of parsnip.