Dukkah-spiced beetroot dip with pistachio
- 50g shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp dukkah from a 60g pot
- 1 x 250g pack vacuum-packed cooked beetroot in natural juices, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp soured cream
Step by step
- Heat a dry nonstick frying pan, add the pistachios and toast for 2 minutes, tossing until fragrant. Set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the dukkah and dry-fry for 2 minutes until toasted and aromatic. Lightly crush using a pestle and mortar (or use a heavy rolling pin).
- Put the pistachios into a food processor, whiz until roughly chopped; set aside 2 teaspoons. Then add the beetroot, dukkah, tahini and soured cream with some seasoning, and whiz again until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the reserved pistachios to serve.