Chicory, walnut and Roquefort salad
Chicory, walnut and Roquefort saladSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
- 8 chicory, quartered lengthways
- 200g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe-but-firm pears, halved, cored and finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 150g cold Roquefort, crumbled
- 1 rounded tbsp finely chopped chives
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
For the dressing:
- 100g Roquefort
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Make the dressing a few hours ahead.
For the dressing, in a large bowl, use a spatula to cream the 100g Roquefort to a smooth paste. Add the vinegar and 3 tablespoons warm water; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the olive oil little by little; season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Toss the chicory, walnuts, pear, celery and two thirds of the crumbled cheese into the dressing. Arrange on two serving plates, crumble over the remaining cheese, sprinkle over the chives and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Keep the cheese for the salad nice and chilled, so it crumbles easily.