Serves 8 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1.5-2kg even-sized, medium, peeled or unpeeled Charlotte potatoes
- 6 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Sea salt flakes
- Make very thin slices almost all the way through each potato (see our video below)
- Once sliced, place the potatoes in a large roasting tin and toss with the oil. Then scatter over the leaves from the rosemary sprigs.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7, for about an hour, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with the sea salt flakes and serve with your roast turkey.
How to prepare hasselback potatoes
Roast spuds normally need parboiling first, but these don't, and are great for saving space on the hob.