Parma ham chicken with lentils
Parma ham chicken with lentilsSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 225g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 x 250g packs Puy lentils with sundried tomatoes and basil (or 2 x 410g tins green lentils, drained)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 large savoy cabbage leaves, stems trimmed, shredded and blanched
Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Season the chicken breasts and wrap 2 slices of Parma ham around each one. Place in a lightly oiled nonstick roasting tin and arrange the tomatoes around the chicken. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the onion and chopped rosemary leaves and cook gently for 8-10 minutes until softened. Stir in the courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the lentils, balsamic vinegar and blanched cabbage leaves; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
Divide the lentil and cabbage mixture among 4 plates, slice the chicken and serve on top of the lentils, with the roasted cherry tomatoes.