Italian-style sausage sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1 x 400g pack Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference chorizo style sausages
- 4 mini ciabatta rolls by Sainsbury's
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 12 sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 x 150g pack Italian Mozzarella by Sainsbury's, sliced
- handful of rocket
- Cook the sausages according to pack instructions. Set aside to cool, then slice in half.
- Meanwhile, slice the rolls in half, rub each with a little olive oil and the cut side of the garlic clove. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat then add the ciabatta slices, crust side up, and toast until golden. Set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the pesto until well combined. Spread onto one half of each ciabatta roll. Layer each with the sun dried tomatoes and slices of mozzarella. Place under a preheated grill until the mozzarella begins to melt.
- Make the sandwich by putting 3 sausage halves on each slice, along with a few rocket leaves. Top with the remaining ciabatta halves and serve.