Bacon, leek and mozzarella pizza
Makes 2 pizzas | prep 35 minutes | total time
- 2 x 145g pizza base mix
- plain flour for dusting
- 1 x 240g Taste the Difference Dry Cured Outdoor Bred British Bacon Rashers
- 40g butter
- 400g leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 100g ricotta
- 100g lighter crème fraiche
- 150g mozzarella, torn
- Place the pizza mixes in a bowl and stir in 200ml lukewarm water. Mix to a soft dough then knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Split the dough in two and roll each piece to a 28cm diameter circle. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper and set aside while you make the toppings.
- Preheat the oven to the 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Cook the bacon in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until crisp, turning once. Drain on kitchen paper, then roughly chop.
- Add the butter to the cleaned frying pan and cook the leeks over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
Tip For the adults, swap the mozzarella for Abergavenny goats’ cheese.
- Combine the ricotta and crème fraiche in a bowl and season.
- Spread the ricotta mix over the dough rounds. Top with leeks, bacon and mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 12- 15 minutes until the crust is golden .