Salty, spicy honey nuts
Serves 10 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 400g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp thyme leaves (optional)
For the spice mix
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
You can make the spice mix and keep it in a jar for up to a few weeks until you're ready to bake the nuts. The cooled baked nuts keep well in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. To make the spice mix, mix together the sugar, ground cumin, coriander, cinnamon and chilli powder in a small bowl until combined.
- Tip the nuts into a large-lipped baking tray, then add the oil and mix together until the nuts are thoroughly coated. Sprinkle over the spice mix and mix until everything is well combined. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and fragrant, stirring once halfway through the cooking time Remove from the oven, drizzle over the honey, then stir and return them to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven, toss with the salt, smoked paprika and thyme, if using. Serve warm or cold.