Pork and chorizo purses
Makes 48 | prep 30 minutes, plus 20 minutes standing time | total time
- 2 x 270g packs filo pastry sheets
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 225g chorizo ring, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 x 750g 20% fat British pork mince by Sainsbury's
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large bunch coriander, washed and finely chopped
- olive oil for brushing
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- chilli dipping sauce, optional
- Take the filo pastry out of the fridge and out of all the packaging 20 minutes before using. Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chorizo and cook for a further 3-5 minutes. Remove from the frying pan and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen roll.
- Add the pork mince to the frying pan and brown all over on a medium heat. Add the chorizo and onion mix to the mince with the tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook on a medium heat for a further 12-14 minutes stirring continuously. Stir through the coriander and season. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Unroll one pack of filo pastry at a time. Cut all the pastry sheets in half vertically and then each half into quarters. Cover the pastry with a damp cloth. Take 1 piece of pastry and brush with olive oil. Lay a second piece of pastry on top, the corners offset. Brush again with olive oil.
- Place a dessert spoonful of the mince filling in the centre of the filo and bring up the filo, pinching and scrunching the pastry to seal the pastry together to form a purse. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Repeat the process until you have 12 purses.
- Brush the purses with olive oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Continue the process as per above instructions until you have 48 purses. Allow to cool slightly before serving with chilli dipping sauce.