Cheese and pancetta scones with crispy pancetta shards
Serves 6 | prep 15 minutes | total time
For the scones
- 1/2 x 160g Smoked Cubetti di Pancetta by Sainsbury's
- 100g self raising flour
- 20g butter, cold
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- 50ml milk
For the topping
- 12 Smoked Pancetta Slices by Sainsbury's
- 250g soft cheese
- 10g chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Fry the cubetti di pancetta until crisp and golden then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Rub the butter into the self raising flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the Parmesan and cooked pancetta. Pour in the milk a bit at a time and mix with a knife until combined to a dough. Roll the dough out until 2cm thick and using a 5cm cutter, cut into 12 rounds and place on a baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and well risen and set aside to cool.
- Grill or pan fry the pancetta slices until crisp and golden. Halve each slice and set aside.
- Combine the soft cheese and chives. Halve the scones, top with the soft cheese mixture and 2 shards of pancetta.