Blueberry and almond brunch pancake
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 300ml natural yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- zest of 1 orange
- 200g blueberries
- 50g soft butter
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a large knob of butter
- a drizzle of maple syrup, to serve
- Sift 125g self-raising flour and 1 heaped tsp baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in 100g ground almonds and 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar. Make a well in the middle.
- Beat together 300ml natural yogurt, 2 large eggs and zest of 1 orange until combined. Whisk into the dry mixture until smooth. Mix in 200g blueberries. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Mix 50g soft butter, 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon to make cinnamon butter.
- Melt a large knob of butter in a 20-23cm frying pan and pile in the batter, smoothing the top. Cook the pancake over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until the bottom is deeply golden. Transfer the pan to the grill for 5 minutes or until the pancake is set.
- Cut the pancake into wedges, drizzle with maple syrup and top with cinnamon butter.