Serves 4 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 75ml very strong hot coffee
- 3 tbsp Marsala Dolce
- 25g caster sugar
- 75g Belgian dark cook’s chocolate (60% cocoa solids)
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 x 250g tub mascarpone
- 12 sponge fingers, broken in half (we used Taste The Difference Italian Savoiardi)
Make up to 1 day ahead and store, covered, in the fridge.
- Combine the hot coffee with the Marsala Dolce and 1 tablespoon of the sugar and set aside to cool.
- Break up 60g of the chocolate into a heatproof bowl with the cream and golden syrup and sit over a pan of gently simmering water until melted; stir until smooth. Grate the remaining chocolate and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and put the yolks in a bowl with the remaining sugar. Whisk the egg yolks until they are creamy and thickened. Gradually combine with the mascarpone until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff then fold them into the mascarpone.
- Take three pieces of sponge finger for each tiramisu and dip in the coffee mixture until they have soaked up some of the liquid, then put them in the base of four 150-200ml glass tumblers.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture on top of each sponge layer, then add another layer of soaked sponge pieces. Divide the melted chocolate mixture between all the glasses and add the rest of the mascarpone on top.
- Sprinkle the top of the desserts with the grated chocolate. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.