Winter chicken stir-fry
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 x 500g pack skinless boneless chicken thighs, fat removed and sliced
- 50g ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 3 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 nests wholewheat noodles
- ½ savoy cabbage, sliced
- 1 x 200g pack sugarsnap peas, halved lengthways
- 4 tbsp kicap manis
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 50g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl with half the ginger, half the garlic and one of the chillies, finely chopped. Finely grate in the zest of 1 lime; squeeze in the juice. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat. Stir-fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes until browned. Cook the noodles to pack instructions, then drain.
- Add the cabbage to the wok; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the sugarsnaps and fry for a further minute. Mix the kicap manis with the juice of 1 lime and add with the remaining garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the noodles, spring onions and cashews. Serve with slices of the second chilli, and lime wedges on the side.