Veggie satay noodles
- 1 x 300g pack Oriental-style vegetable stir-fry
- 1 x 410g pack fresh egg noodles
- 1 x 31g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped including the stems
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped roughly
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Step by step
Put all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar or jug and shake or whisk vigorously until the peanut butter is well blended. Season with a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper to taste.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the vegetable stir-fry mix and toss well, cooking for just 2-3 minutes, then stir in the noodles and toss well with the vegetables for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and tip in the dressing and most of the coriander. Mix everything together well. Divide the noodles between 2 serving bowls and top with the peanuts and the rest of the coriander, with the lime wedges to squeeze over as you eat.