Tuna aubergine freekeh
Serves 2 | total time
- 1 x 200g tin Taste the Difference Albacore tuna in olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- 1 x 225g pack cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet ready-to-eat freekeh
- 10 pitted green olives, sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ x 28g pack basil, leaves only, torn
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- a large handful of rocket leaves
- Drain the tuna in a sieve set over a bowl to catch the oil. Heat a frying pan or griddle pan until hot. Cut the aubergine into 1cm round slices. Brush with the tuna olive oil on both sides and season. In batches, cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side until completely tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and put in a large bowl with the freekeh, olives, onion and basil. Put 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil into a small jug, add the vinegar and some seasoning and whisk.
- Add the aubergine and rocket to the bowl, pour over half the dressing and toss together. Spoon onto 2 plates, flake the tuna on top and drizzle with the remaining dressing.