Thai prawn rice noodle salad
Serves 2 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 150g fine green beans
- 2 rice noodle nests (125g), from 1 x 375g pack
- 1 x 175g pack cooked jumbo king prawns
- 100g pomodorino or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1½ limes, plus wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- a handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Top and tail the green beans and cut them into thirds. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the noodles for 2 minutes, then add the green beans and cook for 1 more minute. Drain and rinse in cold water until thoroughly cooled. Drain again; put in a large bowl with the prawns, tomatoes and spring onions.
- In a small jug, whisk together the sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and the juice of 1½ limes. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss together. Serve in bowls with the peanuts and coriander scattered on top, with lime wedges to squeeze over.