Tom yum prawn noodle soup
Serves 2 | total time
- 60g dried soba noodles, egg noodles or quick-cook noodles
- 1 chicken, fish or vegetable stock cube, made up to 700ml
- 2 tbsp tom yum paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 stick of lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 75g baby button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 180g pack raw peeled king prawns
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- pinch of light muscovado sugar
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- juice of ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- ½ x 31g pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Prepare the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Tip the stock into a saucepan with the tom yum paste, garlic, lemongrass and chilli. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for a minute. Return the noodles to the pan, along with the prawns, fish sauce and sugar and simmer gently, just until the prawns are opaque – be careful not to overcook.
- Stir in the spring onions, lime juice and coriander. Serve immediately, in 2 warmed bowls, with lime wedges to squeeze over the top if you like.