John West spicy tomato and chilli linguine
Serves 2 | prep 10 mins | total time 25 mins
- 1 tbs light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 John West anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- pinch of dried oregano
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes or 450g of passata
- black pepper
- 200g linguine (fresh or dried)
- 1 x 105g can John West no drain tuna steak in a little sunflower oil
- 1 small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, chilli and anchovies. Fry gently for about 2 minutes, breaking up the anchovies with the wooden spoon as they cook.
- Add the capers and oregano, stir, then add the tomatoes or passata and season well with black pepper (don’t add salt as the anchovies and capers are salty enough). Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions then drain. Once cooked tip the linguine into the pan of sauce and mix well, add the tuna and the parsley and serve.
How to plate up pasta